I am the self proclaimed queen of the 'whatever you have in the fridge/cupboard' lunch. And sometimes dinner. I think it's quite the accomplishment to be able to make tasty meals with limited or sometimes unexpected ingredients. It's even better when you manage to get all your nutrients in as well.
So if you want to know what I sometimes eat, read on, but I say take insipration, rather than follow the exact steps, and customize the wrap to suit your likes.
- Whole wheat wrap
- Hummus - spread this thinly all over one side of your wrap
- Pesto - I love a classic basil pesto, a thin strip through the middle of the wrap, from one side to the other
- Green peppers - slice them up and place them diagonally on top of the pesto
- Beans - from a can. I would prefer the ones that are plain, but I only had beans in tomato sauce.
- Sundried tomatoes - about 2 per wrap, slice them up in small pieces and sprinle them over the beans
- Halloumi - lightly pan fired without any oil. I like to use my non stick pancake pan for this
- Chilli - optional, but I like a lot of this. or Tabasco, or anything that's hot.
Now fold the sides of wrap over the filling and don't waste any time sprinkling stuff over it, just dig in. It's delicious.